Effective Date: December 5, 2021
By visiting the Site, or using any of our Services, you agree that your personal information will be handled as described in this Policy. Your use of our Site or Services, and any dispute over privacy, is subject to this Policy and our Terms of Service, including its applicable limitations on damages and the resolution of disputes. The Gathr Terms of Service are incorporated by reference into this Policy.
The Personal Information We Collect About You
We collect personal information about you directly from you and automatically through your use of our Site or
Services. Additionally, as described in greater detail in the “How We Share Your Personal Information”
section below, we collect personal information on behalf of our Brands.
Information We Collect Directly From You
The personal information we collect from you depends on how you use our Site or Services and whether you are a participating Brand or an individual.
- Creating an Account. In order to use our Services and to facilitate the
sending and receiving of samples, gift cards, online coupon codes, rewards, and applicable products
and/or services provided by our Brands, you must create an account through our Site, or sign-up using
Facebook or Google credentials as described in greater detail below. When you create an account, we
- Identifiers, such as your name, email, phone number and address which may be inferred from Google Maps API.
- Characteristics, such as your gender and birth year.
- Account Information, such as your password and any other data we may reasonably request to verify or manage your account.
- Education and Employment Information, such as your occupation and industry you work in, your personal and estimated household income, and whether you are a student and if so, where you attend school and your college graduation year.
- Inferences and Preferences, such as the types of products you are interested in receiving and your behavior towards coupon usage, hair type/color, skin type/tone, what types of foods you like (or don’t like) and whether you have pets and/or kids.
- Social Media Information, such as your social media username on platforms such as Facebook, Instagram, TikTok, Twitter, or Snapchat, if you chose to provide such information.
- Referring a Friend. We offer a referral program where you can send a code to friends, which your friends can use to sign up directly with us..
- Communicating with Us. If you contact us, we collect and retain records of your correspondence, including your email and other contact information.
- Providing Review and Testimonials. As described in greater detail in the “User Generated Content” section below, if you provide a product review, we may post that content on our Site. If you provide us with a testimonial about your use of our Services, we may post that content on our Site, along with other information such as your name, email, and content of your post.
- Participating Brands. If you are a participating Brand, we collect the Brand’s name and address, the contact information of the Brand’s representatives, logo, and links from the Brand’s social media accounts for possible promotion. We also collect purchase information regarding the payments that are charged through credit card processing for the participating Brand. We do not collect credit cards directly, but use third party processors.
Information We Collect From Social Networking Accounts.
If you chose to log in to our Services through your social networking accounts, such as Facebook or Google, we collect information as follows:
- Facebook. If you log into our Services using Facebook, you must enter your Facebook login information, and Facebook will share your name and email with us.
- Google. If you log into our Services using Google, you must enter your Google login information, and Google will share your name and email with us.
Information We Collect Automatically.
We automatically collect information about your use of our Site and Services through cookies and automatic
collection technologies, including third-party analytics. To the extent permitted by applicable law, we
combine this information with other information we collect about you, including your personal information.
collect the following information automatically when you visit the Site or use our Services: IP address;
operating system; device type and model; country and language information; browser type; domain name; web
pages you view, activities and links you click on the Site; the date, time, and length of time you use the
Service; and referring URL.
How We Use Your Information
We use your information, including your personal information, for the following purposes:
- Providing our Services. To provide our Services and process and fulfill your orders. To communicate with you about your use of our Service, to respond to your inquiries, and for other customer service purposes.
- Customization. To tailor the content and information that we may send or display to you, and personalized help and instructions, and to otherwise personalize your experiences while using the Services.
- Marketing and News. To send you email marketing about our and our affiliates products and services, as well as news and newsletters; to send you email marketing about products and services of other entities, such as the Brands we work with, that we think may be of interest to you; to assist us in advertising on other websites, mobile apps, and other online services; and to evaluate the success of our advertising campaigns through third party channels (including our online targeted advertising and offline promotional campaigns).
- Analytics. To better understand how users access and use our Services, both on an aggregated and individualized basis. For example, we will evaluate which features of our Site and Services are most (or least) used by users, and we will use this information to improve our Site and Services.
- Surveys & Questionnaires. To administer surveys and questionnaires, such as for market research or member satisfaction purposes.
- Legal Compliance. To comply with legal obligations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes.
- Protecting Rights and Interests. Where we believe necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person or violations of our Terms of Service or this Policy.
- Other. To create an accurate audience which we provide to Brands and for other
purposes we may notify you about or to which you consent.
How We Share Your Information
We may share your information, including personal information, as follows:
- Service Providers. We disclose the information we collect from you to service providers, contractors or agents who perform functions on our behalf such as IT and hosting services, customer service, shipping services, and questionnaire or survey administration.
- Public/Other Gathr Users. Your name and any information that you post to our Site, including, without limitation, product reviews and testimonials, will be available to, and searchable by, all users that have an account with us and are logged in to the Site. For more information, see “User Generated Content” below.
- Advertising & Analytics Providers. As described above in “Information We Collect Automatically” and
in the sections below, ad networks and analytics providers automatically collect information regarding
your device and use of the Site and Service. We also disclose certain information to our analytics
providers who assist us in determining which features of our Service are most (and least) useful, how
our Service are used, and for other similar purposes, such as to improve our Service and as described
We also disclose personal information in the following circumstances:
- Business Transfers. If we or our affiliates are or may be acquired by, merged with, or invested in by another company, or if any of our assets are or may be transferred to another company, whether as part of a bankruptcy or insolvency proceeding or otherwise, we may transfer the information we have collected from you to the other company. As part of the business transfer process, we may share certain personal information with lenders, auditors, and third party advisors, including attorneys and consultants.
- Legal Obligations. We disclose your information to act in accordance with legal authorizations, as part of our general business operations, and for other business administration purposes, including to comply with our legal and regulatory requirements, authenticate your identity, maintain customer records, monitor your compliance with your agreements with us, collect debts owed to us, safeguard our business interests, and manage or transfer our assets or liabilities, for example in the case of an acquisition, disposition or merger, as described above.
- In Response to Legal Process. We disclose your information to comply with the law, judicial proceedings, court orders, or other legal processes, such as in response to a court order or a subpoena.
- To Protect Us and Others. We disclose your information when we believe it is appropriate to do so to investigate, prevent, or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, situations involving potential threats to the safety of any person, violations of this Policy, our Terms of Service , or as evidence in litigation in which we are involved.
- Aggregate and De-Identified Information. We share aggregated or de-identified information about users
with other entities, including Brands, for marketing, advertising, research or similar purposes.
Cookies. Cookies are alphanumeric identifiers that we transfer to your device through your web browser. Some cookies allow us to make it easier for you to navigate our Site and Services, while others are used to enable a faster log-in process or to allow us to track your activities at our Site and while using our Service. There are two types of cookies: session and persistent cookies.
- Session Cookies. Session cookies exist only during an online session. They disappear from your device when you close your browser or turn off your device. We use session cookies to allow our systems to uniquely identify you during a session or while you are logged into the Site and Services.
- Persistent Cookies. Persistent cookies remain on your device after you have closed your browser or turned off your device. We use persistent cookies to track aggregate and statistical information about user activity, for example.
Disabling Cookies. Most web browsers automatically accept cookies, but if you prefer, you can edit your browser options to block them in the future. The “Help” portion of the toolbar on most browsers will tell you how to prevent your computer from accepting new cookies, how to have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or how to disable cookies. Visitors to our Site and Services, who disable cookies will be able to browse certain areas of the Site, but some features may not function.
Do-Not-Track. Currently, our systems do not recognize browser “do-not-track” requests. You may, however, disable certain tracking as discussed in this section (e.g., by disabling cookies); you also may opt-out of targeted advertising by following the instructions in the “Ad Networks” section.
Users in the United States may opt out of many advertisements. For example, you may go to Digital Advertising Alliance (“DAA”) at www.aboutads.info/choices/ for information about opting out of interest-based advertising and your choices regarding having information used by DAA companies.
Opting out from one or more DAA companies will opt you out from those companies’ delivery of interest-based content or ads to you, but it does not mean you will no longer receive any advertising through our Site, Services, or on other websites or online media. You may continue to receive advertisements, for example, based on the particular website that you are viewing (i.e., contextually based ads). Also, if your browsers are configured to reject cookies when you opt out on the DAA, your opt out may not be effective. Additional information is available on the DAA’s website at www.aboutads.info.
User Generated Content
We invite you to post content, including your comments, product reviews, testimonials, and any other information, on our Site and Services. When you post content, we display your name, the contents of your post and the date posted. The information we display is available to Brands and other users, and your post may become public, and Gathr cannot prevent such information from being used in a manner that may violate this Policy, the law, or your personal privacy.
Our Site and Services may contain links to other websites. Any access to and use of such linked websites is not governed by this Policy, but instead is governed by the privacy policies of those websites. We are not responsible for the information practices of such websites.
Security of My Personal Information
We have implemented reasonable precautions to protect the information we collect from loss, misuse, and unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, and destruction. Please be aware that despite our best efforts, no data security measures can guarantee security. You should take steps to protect against unauthorized access to your password, phone, and computer by, among other things, signing off after using a shared computer, choosing a robust password that no one knows or can easily guess, and keeping your login and password private. We are not responsible for any lost, stolen, or compromised passwords or for any unauthorized activity on your account.
Access To My Personal Information
You may modify personal information that you have submitted by logging into your account and updating your profile information. Please note that copies of information that you have updated, modified or deleted may remain viewable in cached and archived pages of the Site for a period of time.
What Choices Do I Have Regarding Use of My Personal Information?
In accordance with applicable law, we may send periodic promotional emails to you. You may opt-out of marketing emails by following the opt-out instructions contained in the email. If you opt-out of receiving marketing emails, we may still send you non-marketing emails about your account or any Services you have requested or received from us, or to respond to your inquiries. To exercise your choices regarding interest-based advertising, please “Ad Networks” section above.
We may send text messages you have consented to receive. You can cancel text messages at any time by texting “STOP”. After you send “STOP”, we may send you an additional text message to confirm that you have been unsubscribed. You will no longer receive text messages from that short code, but you may receive text messages if you are subscribed to other text lists. If at any time you have questions about the text messages, text “HELP”. After you send “HELP” we will respond with instructions on how to use our service as well as how to unsubscribe. Message and data rates may apply. Message frequency varies.
Our Site and Services are not designed for or directed to children. If we discover that a child has provided us with personal information, we will delete such information from our systems in accordance with applicable law.
Changes to this Policy
This Policy is current as of the Effective Date set forth above. We may change this Policy from time to time, so please be sure to check back periodically. We will post any changes to this Policy on our Site.
Information About Our Brands
If you have questions about our privacy practices or would like to make a complaint, please contact us via
email at firstname.lastname@example.org